It’s just about that time again. The first flash of a firefly, the tinkle of the ice cream truck…
But just because summer is coming doesn’t mean we should stop reading and writing. That’s why I’ve teamed up with the YA Chicks and many participating authors on a global campaign to encourage readers, writers, students, and teachers to share pictures all of the places—both ordinary and extraordinary—where they are reading and writing.
And, if you’re looking for A MONSTER GIVEAWAYto get your summer, started, good new! YOU’VE HIT THE MOTHER LODE!
I, for one, will be giving away a copy of my beloved DREAM BOY.
But wait! That’s not all! For teachers, I’ll also be giving away a 20 minute Skype session and, for writers, a query critique.
In fact, every author participating in this campaign is giving away books, critiques, swag and/or Skype visits. Pretty awesome, right?
So are you ready to guess where I’m writing?
Drum roll, please…
Can you guess where I am? Here are some clues to get you started:
I’m writing outside an eatery in the Star City of the South.
The restaurant’s doors first opened in 1930.
It is one of the few places in the U.S. where you can order “chile” instead of “chili.”
If you ask for ketchup there, the server mocks you for wanting “sissy sauce.”
A fictionalized version of the restaurant appears in Chapter 19 of DREAM BOY.
Once you’ve figured out where I’m reading/writing (author: choose one), head over to the YA Chicks site and:
- Officially enter the giveaway by inputting each author’s name and your guesses about our locations. Every author location you guess correctly increases your chances to win.
- For even more chances, post a picture of yourself reading or writing on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag).
For writer prize packs:
- Post pictures of yourself writing in a fun location on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere. Then follow the directions on the Rafflecopter giveaway to let us know you did it.
- For even more chances, gather your writer friends together and post a group shot with the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag). And hey, since you’re already together, why not host a write-a-thon?
For teacher prize packs:
- Post pictures of your class reading or writing on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag).
- Then let us know you did it when you enter the Rafflecopter. If you don’t have a Twitter or Instagram, you can email your picture directly with the picture pasted directly into the email (no attachments–we won’t open them) AND the subject, “Read or Write Anywhere.”
- You can also check out the YA Chicks Read or Write Anywhere lesson plan, available here.
Now, what are you waiting for? Get out there and READ OR WRITE ANYWHERE!